The Bible teaches that:
- There is a God;
- He is the Creator of all things, including those in the spirit world and in the physical world, this includes mankind;
- He created mankind in His own image;
- Mankind rebelled against God through disobedience and thus broke the bond between man and his Creator. This was the original sin;
- Because of this broken bond, all people are born into a state of sin, which has as its ultimate end an eternity in the lake of fire that was made for the devil and his fallen angelic followers.
- Although God loves man who He created in His own image, God is also absolutely holy and just and cannot simply overlook man's sin;
- Therefore, mankind needs a way to restore the broken bond, but he is unable to.
- So God provided the means of restoration through the person of His own Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus left Heaven and came to earth, taking on the form of a man -- becoming both God and man. He taught us the principles of eternal life and then paid the price for man's sin.
- Thus, restoration to a proper relationship with God has been provided. It is absolutely free for the taking. All anyone needs to do is turn away from a life of sin (repent) and ask God to forgive them for their sin because of the death and resurrection of Jesus.
- If anyone does that, God will answer that prayer and will put His Spirit into that person. The Bible says "if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation."
To study this further, click Four Spiritual Laws or click Romans Road.
If you have just received Jesus christ as your Savior, please read this.
To return to the previous page, click here .